Monday 16 May 2016

Are You Living In The Present Moment?


Too often in life we find ourselves contemplating the future and reflecting on the past. While this is a necessary aspect of life, sometimes it can have a detrimental effect because all the while we’re giving time to the days gone by and the days yet to arrive, we are taking ourselves away from the present moment. Simply being in the moment is a wonderful feeling and something I believe we can all achieve if we let ourselves!

I’ve been making a real effort to keep myself in the present moment and I’m really noticing the benefits: I feel like I am living my life to the full! Even if I am simply reading a book or playing the piano, I am completely absorbed in that task, totally focused, happy and present. I find my mind doesn’t wander so much; I am beginning to lose certain fears I had been holding on to such as worrying about getting ill or concerned that I won’t reach my personal goals.

In a nutshell, I feel more relaxed and content.

A good way to start living in the present is to try some mindfulness exercises. I wrote a blog post about it just the other week:

I’ll leave you now with a nice quote from Omar Khayyam:

‘Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life!’

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment